I’ve made good progress this past week in terms of figuring out what it is I need to be doing. I’m not rushing the process, but rather, allowing myself to remain in certain states of mind for a couple of days, subconsciously meditating on a particular idea, and then reflecting on how it makes me feel. It’s interesting how much of the process revolves around identifying what I don’t want to be doing. I’ve been through countless options since beginning this process now, but I’m not simply discarding anything that makes me feel uncomfortable, as I know that anything that’s truly worthwhile does tend to push you out of your comfort zone.
The key is for me to identify when something feels uncomfortable due to it being at odds with my fundamental beliefs and gut reaction, and when it feels uncomfortable due it being something I believe I could do very well, but feel nervous about taking on (but should take on).
I find it interesting how much I’m drawing on prior experience to guide me, and really appreciate the educational value of all that I’ve done up until now.
I think another week or two of this and I’ll have a much clearer idea of what I’m going to do. It’s is becoming clearer and I have actually started taking the first baby steps towards starting down a new path. As I’m not choosing any pre-existing (traditional) career path, I need to integrate a whole range of activities which whilst may seem superficial in isolation, together, over time will enable me to look after my family and allow me to to do what I love doing.
I’m going to need to do a fair amount of research into my chosen field. This will take time, but I believe in my capacity to learn and I’m willing to put in the time and energy to do that.
In other news:
- I have continued my latest running art piece, running everyday but one last week. Only 20km left to draw!
- The interview on Bunka Housou (radio) went very well.
- Our little boy is very active in mummy’s tummy, causing a few disturbances through the night. She’s doing fine though.
- I visited a Pocari Sweat factory (photo shoot for our client) – loved it! Amazing automation.
- My next invention is coming on nicely.
- Early-to-bed Early-to-rise is going fairly well
- I have quit the BBC news site and and am trying to stay off Facebook too, and there is an overwhelming volume of bad news, and I realise that reading all this was doing nothing but sucking my energy away and making me feel angry and stressed.
We’re in a good space then.
10:30pm. Time for lights out!